Ads 468x60px

Saturday 10 October 2015

Awesome Autumn! [Part 2/3]

Today's Autumn-themed post is a very simple one, but I thought I'd share it here anyway. I've had this Barry M polish since they came out (which I think was last Autumn) but I never really used them as a main colour so I thought I'd give it a go this time. Honestly, 'Mustard' as this polish is called (and the shade in general) is not really a favourite colour of mine, and the colour looked even weirder a few days ago when I realized my nails were the same colour as the macaroni cheese I was eating. Heh.

Anyway, I tried to jazz it up a little bit so I used OPI 'The Living Daylights' on my thumb and ring finger, painting more on the tips to create a slight gradient effect. I don't think using a makeup sponge would work with this polish. I felt like the colours of the glitter really complemented the base polish nicely - and kind of reminded me of pumpkins. To be honest, if I do this again, I would maybe put the gradient on all of the nails rather that just two.

No, wait - scratch that. With the glitter particles being big, getting it off was an absolute nightmare, even with the soaking method, so I might steer clear of glitter for a bit!

That's all for today, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, I really love the combination of mustard with the glitter! I have Mustard and I do love it but I always stumble when knowing what to pair it with! xx

    ReplyDelete