Ads 468x60px

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Gradients!


I just love gradients! They're pretty easy to do and I find them fun to create.

I started with Barry M all-in-one, then painted a layer of No7 Snowflake (a white polish) so that the colours show up a little easier and that my own nail colour won't show through. I still had to apply the sponge twice so that the colours were strong enough. The colours used (in order) are MUA Shade 16, No7 Lucky Lilac, Fearne Cotton Lime Green, Fearne Cotton Mint Green and Fearne Cotton Turquoise towards the tips.

I painted a layer of 17 Nail Xtras Glitter to add that little bit of sparkle. It's actually a bottle I've had for a REALLY long time and I wasn't sure if they still made it, but I went to Boots to check, and it is the same, with the same kind of glitter. I'm not sure if there's a specific name for that kind of glitter, but it sort of reflects the colour it is on which works really well on gradients because it's like you have different glitters on your nail. Anyway, I digress.

I put some fimo on the thumb and ring fingers, topped with Seche Vite and voila!


3 comments:

  1. Adore this colour combo, looks awesome1

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the cutest thing I've ever seen, Ruthiepie you're so clever :) xxx

    ReplyDelete