Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Blackboard Nails

 Don't worry! No-one's scratching their nails against a blackboard in this house! Eugh, I get shudders just thinking about the sound that makes...

No, this is an idea that popped into my head last week when I got my Rimmel Matte nail polish and I have to say, I'm quite impressed with how it turned out! It actually felt kinda like a blackboard/chalk (not that I've spent many a day rubbing blackboards or anything).

I started off with my usual Barry M basecoat, then applied 1 coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out which was more than sufficient. I then used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On to draw the equations and stuff on (using a small, thin brush for nail art) and then did a coat of Rimmel Matte top coat to give the effect of a blackboard.

I tried to capture the velvet effect more than anything, haha. I took this off a while after taking the pictures -- I'm not sure I'd go out with this but it's still fun and easy to do!

:)

4 comments:

  1. Loving this, I was wearing kiko day grey the other day and I matted it out thinking it looked like a chalkboard , love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOSTEI DESTA NAIL ART! PARABENS...


    www.lupapodemulher.com.br
    www.lupapodeblog.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  3. PARABENS PELO BLOG! JÁ ESTOU TE SEGUINDO... SE PUDER RETRIBUIR, FICAREI MUITO GRATA!

    www.lupapodemulher.com.br
    www.lupapodeblog.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this Mani, ive done it on my grand daughter

    ReplyDelete